1. This Must Be The Place
As stated on their web site, TMBTP is a "series of short films that explore the idea of home;
what makes them, how they represent us, why we need them." Three short video clips depict dramatically different settings that each, in their own way, count as a home.
2. A Restless Transplant
Guy quits his job in NYC with some fashionable magazine, buys a van, travels around the west surfing, camping, and taking pictures. Brief captions accompany the photographs that document this trip, which I have been following for a few months now. I can't decide if there is a purpose to it, or if he is learning anything, or if he is just accumulating material for a book so that he can somehow cash on in it all. But I keep watching.
3. Bout Time: Claressa Shields
Short film about a high school student in Flint, Michigan who is training to be a boxer. Some desperate images of the city and her surroundings contrast with her own sanguine attitude, but she admits this is all a tool to help her survive a situation that ruins most people.

No comments:
Post a Comment